Thursday, November 24, 2011

More thankfulness

Without a doubt, Thanksgiving is one of the key times during the year that one stops and reflects. Many times, we plow through life driving forward without pause. This morning I am taking a few moments to do that. Of course, there are several things that I am thankful for that I I am not mentioning such as the support of my family, a stable job, etc. I know that is the tendency of most during a time of reflection. Not that I am not reflecting on those as well, I am choosing to go a little deeper this morning.

This morning I want to thank the small handful of people I have worked with professionally over the past year.

The reason I am thankful for those people this morning are for different reasons. Some of the top reasons that came to mind are:
  1. There is one person who has taught me to be more empathetic and compassionate towards others I work with
  2. There is another who has helped me learn more patience
  3. A third who has demonstrated how being energetic and friendly opens doors of opportunity, rather than just kicking doors down
  4. Another person who is reserved with their trust, has taught me how to earn that trust
There are certainly more examples. Not all of them seemed like positive experiences at the time. Each of them required growth from me.

This past year I have learned more about myself and others through partners and co-workers than in prior years. This year I am thankful for learning more about the people in my professional life, and the resulting personal growth as an individual.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the different view - that was insightful and encouraging!

    ReplyDelete