Sunday, July 3, 2011

Potholes

Early morning is a great time for me to think. And this morning I was thinking about all of the many potholes the road to any worthwhile destination has. Every long road to a destination has twists and turns, but the twisting and turning continue to carry you forward towards your destination. Some might even find the turns exhilarating and full of excitement as they press the pedal even harder and lean into the curves.

But the potholes are a different story. They slow us down. The deeper ones are uncomfortable to move past. The ones some are faced with may even suggest you turn around, change your course, or even head back home. The thing about potholes are they came into being as a result of a road traveled before. Someone else pushed past this point, in fact many have. It was their tires who widened the hole and deepened the obstacle.

As I think about my own startup experience so far, I am reminded of the ups and downs. One day having leaned into a curve and the rush of the feeling coming out of it. Other days in which I rattled my self over a pothole and came out sour at the obstacle. I am reminded this morning to look beyond the road and at the scenery, and therefore gain enjoyment from the ride itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment